Sometimes I’ll watch movies and, even if I really enjoy them, I don’t want to necessarily see them again. Other ones, I can watch over and over. Or, at least, every few years or so.
Some are obvious to me why I can rewatch them, others, less so. For some reason, I don’t do this with TV shows, just movies and miniseries. Maybe because there is a clear story arc over a shorter period of time.
Here are some movies/miniseries I’ve been able to watch over and over again (though some I can no longer watch over and over again like I used to).
- Pride and Prejudice (1995)
- North and South (2004)
- Persuasion (1995 and 2007)
- Sense and Sensibility (1995 and 2008)
- Emma (1996) – less so because I find the character of Emma to be annoying
- The Original Star Wars Trilogy
- The Back to the Future Trilogy
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- The Sound of Music
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (yeah, I know, I know)
- Cold Comfort Farm
- The Lake House
- The Cutting Edge (toe pick!)
- Grosse Pointe Blank
- The Holiday
- Mrs. Winterbourne
- Music and Lyrics
- Love, Actually
- Say Anything…
- State and Main
- Snow Globe
- Gosford Park
- You’ve Got Mail
- The American President
- The Incredibles
Yes, there is a running theme of romance in most of the above movies, but I know what I like.
As usual, if you want to support my efforts at this blog, please consider buying your Amazon purchases through this affiliate link where I receive some financial benefit. Or go right to the source and send me money through PayPal. No pressure, though.