I’m not one for woo, but there are things that some may put in that category that I genuinely find helpful.
A while back, a book publisher published some card stacks with nice wood stands that have nice quotes from famous people and some other sentiments. I nabbed them pretty quickly. Plus I’ve written a bunch of my own inspirational messages that I’ve customized for myself or found elsewhere. Here are a few of my favorites:
- a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing + a little thing = A BIG THING!
- Rest your mind, move your body.
- Make my future self proud. (This one was my theme for 2018. I succeeded in making myself proud that year.)
- We make time for the things we value.
- It’s never too late to work toward something. Start now.
- Trust the process.
From my card stacks:
- Nothing can dim the light which shines from within. —Maya Angelou
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. —Eleanor Roosevelt
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. —Oscar Wilde
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. —Helen Keller
- Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. —Rumi
- Write your own story.
- Don’t let your fear quiet your imagination.
Periodically, I swap out the cards that are visible, based on what kind of inspiration I need at the time. I highly recommend finding your own set of words that speak to you in the moments you need them most.
If you don’t know where to start, you can find a variety of sets on Amazon.
As usual, if you want to support my efforts at this blog, please consider buying your Amazon purchases through this affiliate link where I receive some financial benefit. Or go right to the source and send me money through PayPal. No pressure, though. (Mastodon confirming link. Let’s try this again.)