Even when I’m busy or stressed or anxious, I’m (usually) able to notice and enjoy life’s little joys. Little things that aren’t necessities but that dot and color your day with tiny smiles (usually inward smiles for me).
Here are a few things that always make me happy, even if just for a moment. Some of these will be cliché, but there is a reason why they are cliché: a lot of people enjoy them!
- Being up before everyone else in the house
- Morning birdsong
- The smell of someone making toast
- A child showing kindness to another child
- A child taking your hand
- The start of a new project
- Tossing something into the trash from far away and not missing
- Getting to start a new jar of peanut butter
- A pen that just works
- Drawings by children
- The smell of freshly brewed tea
- Wrapping up in a soft, cozy blanket
- Getting in bed for the night, knowing you are done with the day
Think about what little joys your life brings you. Then notice them when they appear.
As usual, if you want to support my efforts at this blog, please consider buying your Amazon purchases through this affiliate link where I receive some financial benefit. Or go right to the source and send me money through PayPal. No pressure, though.